Mar 22, 2007

WOW...

Many thumbs up for Java Jazz organizer!!! The plan showcase for Java Jazz 2008 is nothing short of a WOW (with huge capital letters...). See poster taken from their website on the left (with my own highlights...).

For me personally, where else can I have a chance to see my favorite jazz heavy weights like guitar virtuoso Al Di Meola (last seen him perform in Austin 14 years ago!), The Manhattan Transfer (seen them in LA 1991, Jakarta (1999?)), and ones I've never had a chance to see: Pat Metheny, Diana Krall, Eliane Elias, Larry Carlton and Basia.... all of them in a single big event? And what could be more irresistable than seeing them all in my own country...?

Hope that I won't be on trip on March 7 - 9 next year... or I may have to decline for the favor of this once-in-a-blue-moon gathering.

PS. Note for the organizer: some of these giants' names are misspelled. They should be Abraham Laboriel, Stanley Clarke, Erykah Badu, Kazumi Watanabe, Rene Olstead, Pat Metheny.

No comments: